Sep 22, 2009

Part18-Where are Trinny and Susannah when you need 'em?

I've just been informed that my interview for the job promotions being offered in the office will be on Friday! I am gripped with a sudden panic! Friday!!!! Shit!

My first thought as Naughty Nigel plonked his rather considerable behind on the edge of my not-very-tidy desk and told me I am to attend an interview at 9am in his office (apart from 'good God get your fat ass off my poor fragile little desk you monster') was exactly what you might expect from a girl in my position:
'What the hell am I going to wear'?

Well obviously other worries flashed through my head first;
-9 am? Very early! What if I'm in late?
-Nigel's office? Will the smell and general 'nearness' of him distract me?
-Oh crap, I only have three days to prepare!!!!!

But the outfit! Well, that is my immediate worry of course. Not only will I be sat in front of the disgusting Nigel and his famous wandering eyes, but the MD and some important new head guy will also be in attendance. For the last few weeks in here I have literally been 'a mess' and couldn't have cared less whether I was smart, or projecting 'the right image'. But now? I have only one thought:

'I have absolutely NOTHING to wear'!

As soon as the greasy letch had shifted his enormous posterior and moved on I picked up the phone and called Lola (she's always very stylish, she reads 'Vogue'-I tend to stick to Heat or Bella).

'We need to go shopping' I panted down the line like a nuisance caller. 'Are you free tonight'?

She told me no, sorry, she has a date with the mystery guy...charming!

'Tomorrow then. I need a new interview outfit'?

Lola was very apologetic but told me she is tied up with lover-boy until the weekend and shopping is a no-can-do! To say I was shocked is an understatement-Lola NEVER puts her men before her mates! WTF was going on?

'Lola, you can see him anytime' I tried begging. 'But I must have an outfit before Friday morning'!

' I can't see him anytime, sweetie. He erm, works away quite a lot and we only get odd days together. That's why I can't stand him up this week. It could be a month before we see each other again properly. You can shop on your own can't you'?

She refused to budge! That is so not Lola! Something else I need to make a note to get to the bottom of!!!!

So anyway, I told Lola I guessed I'd have to shop alone and hung up. Cass is crap at shopping-she gets too impatient and buys all her stuff off the internet to save bother. I need high-street stores and I need them now.
I almost began to hyperventilate just thinking about my limited time frame.....

I rang Cass anyway, to tell her about Lola's 'suspicious' behaviour. Cass didn't seem surprised or worried, yet more odd behaviour! Have I been abducted by aliens and returned to the wrong planet? That would explain quite a lot.

So instead of getting my interview technique up to scratch and up-dating my CV, I've spent the morning checking out office style online, at Next and such-like. I am salivating at the thought of trying on some new outfits-that's has to be a good sign surely? I have made a mental note not to wear anything too low-cut (I know how much Nigel likes that) although the way things are going, low-cut may be my only chance....

No comments:

Post a Comment