Sep 29, 2009

Part 21-I audition for Oliver! -the X-rated version....

Well, as you may have imagined, the interview went Badly. And yes, that is with a Capitol B!

Not only did I look like I was auditioning for a part in 'Oliver! the musical' the X-rated version, but I also hadn't had time to practise my interview skills and came across like a complete air-head. I had hardly slept on Thursday night with the upset of knowing I had ruined a perfect interview outfit and in my knackered state I fluffed the answers to most of the questions, and I know the MD didn't take me seriously...how could he when he was able to see right down my top when he stood up to shake my hand? Disaster!

Mind you Naughty Nigel seemed well chuffed with my chosen outfit and was certainly more interested in my chest than he was in my answers to his questions. And not only him, no. The new important guy (who, even in my state of mourning, could be described as nothing but a HOTTIE) seemed pretty interested in what was down there too! I caught him checking me out on more than one occasion. I guess I still have it! Even dressed like a street urchin!
And though he is obviously way out of my league I did feel my pulse quicken slightly every time he asked me anything! He was really hansome-in a swoony James Bond kind of way-but boy did he know it! I couldn't help myself wondering what doing overtime might be like under him!
But I managed to stop myself quickly-fancying other blokes just doesn't seem right somehow. Not yet anyway.

But enough about the disasterous interview (and the fact that I've spent the whole weekend wondering where I'll live when Mark makes me sell my house-amongst other things) I need to talk about something else. Something that I've been trying hard not to think about but can avoid no longer.

Lola is dating a married man!

And I'm so unbelievably angry with her!

I guessed on Thursday night when I was in the pub with her and Matt-hence the shock causing me to spill my drink and ruin my life (again)! Suddenly it all made sense: why she'd kept him a secret for so long, why they saw each other at such random times and why she couldn't say no to him when he had a free evening (even when her best mate needed her urgently).

She didn't want me to know he was married because she knew I wouldn't approve. How can I? After what Mark has done to me how could I condone Lola doing the same thing to someone else? It's just all so wrong. Why can't people just leave married people alone and find someone single to fancy instead?

Funny though, but a couple of months ago and I probably wouldn't have cared all that much. I would have been worried for Lola, sure, in case she got hurt. But I wouldn't have given Matt's wife (who I will probably never meet-let's face it) a second thought. Now, my perspective has changed totally and I can't help seeing Lola the way I see Mark's bit on the side-a tramp! A scarlet woman! A complete slag!

Even though I know she really isn't.

She called me, Lola, after my interview on Friday. But I didn't answer. I couldn't speak to her. She tried again on Saturday but again I ignored her. Then, on Sunday evening, after a whole weekend of feeling miserable and desperately lonely I called her... And I told her I thought she was a dispicable person.

She wanted to meet up and talk to me, said she understood why I might be upset. I refused and of course I said some things I shouldn't have. What's new? She didn't even defend herself. It's not like her.
I will talk to her, soon. I just need a few days to sort my mixed-up head out...again!

They're announcing the promotions before the weekend they said. I won't be holding my breathe....!

No comments:

Post a Comment