Nov 19, 2009

Part 31- Hot and Sweaty men....

Lola and I felt we needed a bit of Girl time to re-bond after the whole 'married lover' debarcle, so last night I suggested we head down to the dance club -Club Cuba- that my dad and his mistress introduced me to, for a bit of fun and frolicks.

We had the best time!

Again the place was jam-packed with a mix of men and women, young and old, and every single person was out to have a good time. We picked us out a couple of hot guys who looked like they could find their way around a dance floor, and salsa-d ourselves away to heaven!
That's the great thing about that place-it's not just full of couples wanting to improve their skills-it doesn't even seem to be a sort of singles place where you might go to pick up a date. The vibe is more chilled out: We're here to dance. That's all that matters.
You can dance with as many people as you like, or stay with the same partner all night, no strings attached, and nobody takes offence or takes it too seriously! I've never experienced anywhere like it!

I danced with Jose, a beautiful Spaniard who certainly taught me a thing or two! He had a fantastic body and was most definately born with rhythm! He knew every move, every beat. Lola danced with his friend Nico, who was equally brilliant. After a while another guy cut in and asked me to dance with him. Under normal circumstances I'd be self concious about how hot and sweaty I'd become after several energetic spins around the floor, but here, no one seems to care!

So I did a Rhumba with Richard, and a Cha cha cha with Charlie. Lola didn't give her married guy a second thought as she twirled and whirled with a string of hot, hot men. And that's another thing-all the men (well, apart from some of the older ones-like my dad) are really HOT!

We were like kids in a sweet shop!
Our tongues were literally hanging out!
And not just from exhaustion!

"This place is amazing"! I heard Lola scream at one point, as Mario the Italian spun her around in a triple loop! And all the while the band kept belting out latin tunes and the dance floor remained at full capacity.

When we were so worn out that we could dance no more we opted out for a sit down and a Mojito. And a spy on all those who were still going strong. There was great viewing!

"I'm glad we're friends again", Lola told me as we took our first thirst-quenching sip of refreshing lime.
I nodded. I was glad too. No matter how I felt about her morals, I couldn't exclude Lola from my life. She was too important to me.
Besides, I was starting to see that sometimes the affair doesn't cause the breakdown of a marriage. Sometimes the affair comes after the marriage has broken down. And the 'other' person can't always be to blame.

Except in the case of MY marriage, obviously.

So we went our seperate ways, exhausted but happy. Lola, to dream about her lover, and wish he was with her then, and not his wife.
And me? To be glad that I'm young, free and single, and able to enjoy nights like that whenever I fancy. Oh, and perhaps Jose might pop up in my dreams somewhere too! Well, you never know.....

No comments:

Post a Comment