Oct 8, 2009

Part 24-in which tension builds....

Since I spend quite a large proportion of my time presently looking back at my marriage and analysing my reletionship with Mark I have come to the conclusion that it would be fair to say there was never a lot of sexual tension between us. In fact, in the last twelve months we were togther it would be more accurate to say that there wasn't much sexual anything at all, probably because we had grown so 'accustomed' to one another that I think we had just forgotten we were once marginally attracted to each other, and not just 'doing it' because we were there. If you see what I mean?

Of course, now I know that during that final year, Mark was busy 'getting it on' with someone else, so that would obviously explain quite a lot. But to be honest he was never really the kind of bloke who got steamy in the bedroom (not with me at least) and I just sort of went along with it, never expected anything more of him, 'couldn't miss what I had never had', sort of thing. It seemed to suit us both fine.

Until yesteday, that is, and I realised what I must have been missing all along!

I arrived at work to begin my training sessions as arranged and was formally introduced to one of my new bosses, Mr. Dashwood-Donal Dashwood-the good-looker from my interview. Still as hot as ever I was pleased to note.

Donal Dashwood can only be described as text book handsome and is truly in possession of the usual cliches like a twinkle in his eye and a cheeky grin. Possibly a few years older than me, and with bags of confidence, he also has a hint of an Irish lilt to his deep, whiskey-soaked voice, into which I felt myself melting as soon as he said "Hello".

During training I found myself blushing like a school-girl each time he spoke to me, even when he was saying something as innocuous as 'Fiscal Policy' or 'Base Rates'. I swear I didn't take in a thing we covered during the whole day, but each time he reached out to hand me a document my body went into a spasm of sexual awareness! A new feeling indeed, and one that I wasn't sure I should be experiencing so soon after my marriage had ended. We hadn't even begun divorce proceedings yet!

And I was certain Donal was flirting with me! He kept saying things like, "A pretty lady like yourself" or " I'm going to enjoy working very closely with you Ruby", in his deep brogue, which was the equivalent of massaging with the voice, and I couldn't be sure that I wasn't flirting back with him, my head was in such a spin!
But surely this was a trap to have me sacked?
By mid-morning I had decided this must definatley be a deliberate ploy! The powers that be had realised  their mistake in promoting me and were using our handsome Mr. Dashwood here to get rid of their little mistake. He could flirt with me all he liked, but the minute I responded by flirting back at him, that was it! I would be sacked! For insubordination or some-such offence. I wouldn't fall for that! Ha! Not me, too clever. I would keep my mouth shut and say NOTHING! I couldn't get the sack for saying nothing, could I?

When he suggested we break and take lunch together my resolve weakened on the spot. How could I say no? We chatted constantly for the two and a half hours we were out! He was great company, funny, clever, attentive-everything Mark had long since stopped being, I couldn't help but think. Then, just as we were getting ready to head back to work I felt his hand brush my knee under the table and I was almost certain that it wasn't an accident. Woah! I wasn't sure what to make of that. Not that I didn't like it of course, but something told me that it wasn't totally right, that perhaps he shouldn't be doing that.

And then I though "Ah, what the hell. He's too gorgeous to be offended by"!

The rest of the day went by in a haze of this newly discovered sexual tension too obvious not to be obvious! And last night when I went home I couldn't stop thinking about him! For the first time in ages thoughts of Mark didn't even enter my head-and it was lovely! Sweet dreams for the first time in a long time.

Today has been the same, all deep, meaningful breathing and secret glances, like a Jane Austin novel! The whole thing has me in quite a fluster! I can't help but wonder how long it might be before he makes his move....

No comments:

Post a Comment